Monday, October 18, 2010

Costume Photo shoot w/ Ashley Stonehouse

A few weeks ago my friend and I set up an impromptu photo shoot with her Camera/Eye for photography & some of my Costumes/Makeup ideas. What came from a quick idea turned into an all day project of excitement. My studio looked like a mess by the end of it!!! Then again, all my work spaces and living spaces turn into a mess!!!! I guess creativity breeds disaster!


Back to Ashley... we met in High School through Cheer.... blah blah blah (go Rams!).. but have never worked together creatively before... She is much more prepared than I. I am a fly by the seat of my pants, figure it out, resourceful type and she is organized, plan out the day, bring snacks and props kind of gal. Though we are different, it worked fabulously. Where I suck, she picked up the slack. We scoped out places around my studio that would work a few days before and found some lovely girls to photograph.. (we did brides too but I will blog that at a later time and date. this is about HALLOWEEN!!!!) Here are the Girls, the Costumes, the Makeup & most importantly, the PHOTOS!!! I thought they turned out great!



Ashely went off with each girl while I was making up the next girl. I didn't get a chance to see what she her in action so I was elated when I got to see the photos. Here are some more shots of each girl. (please note: the Cowgirl and the Clown were also Airbrush Tanned by LML)

Dark Angel: Bree



Cowgirl: Katheryn






Clown: Brittany


After the sun went to bed we were done. Costumes Back on the rack and everyone back at home, Ashley and I quickly went through the photos and were very pleased! I really liked that they were artistic yet catalog appropriate. I really look forward to working with her more in the years to come.
It was a really fun day with all us girls!
Makeup+ Costumes+ a ton of glitter and a little Chardonnay= a great day to take pictures!


Ashley's Info
Ashelystonehouse@hotmail.com is her contact information. Do not hesitate to give her a call if you need some great x-mas card photos!!! we all know those are coming up quick!!!