Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Gold, The Brown & The Ugly


The first time I laid eyes on the "blonde tip" look I was intrigued..... Shenae Grimes, who is not the best actress in town but definitely has great hair, is the first person I had seen with this look. It looked as if she had not dyed her roots in a couple years :) But then I noticed it had become a fad. A "Dark Root" fad. I liked the idea of the "blonde tips" being a few shades lighter than the top portion on the hair. I think some people thought that the idea was to dye the roots Black....
I was watching Dancing with the stars last week and noticed the horrible hair Lacey Schwimmer had going on. It was way to drastic. I can see where she was going with the idea but I just didn't think that it ended up doing what she wanted it to do. When she was dancing I noticed that it looked like she had a brown toupee hair piece on the back of her head or some bad two toned mullet. She always looks so awesome and I have loved her blonde and brunette... I just did NOT like her blonde and brunette at the same time!


























It almost makes her hair look greasy. I think if the roots were a shade or two lighter or the blonde was not as bright on the ends she could absolutely pull this look off! She does push the envelope with different looks but I think this style really takes away from how beautiful she is and what cute style she can have.


During my search of "The Ugly" roots I found some other stars who have fallen victim to this fad gone wrong.

Ashely Simpson and Drew Barrymore. There is fine line between trendy and tacky... Don't take away from your beauty. Enhance it!


This photo bellow looks like it is a gag gift wig for the White Trash nation... But this is how Lacey kinda looked to me on DWTS...........

There are some ladies who knew exactly how to pull it off and they are................Whitney Port.. This girl knows how to make anything look good. She never goes too far into the unknown. She makes trendy things work! Look at how effortlessly the brown blends into the lighter ends. She looks beautiful.

And Giuliana Rancic......... They have done the right thing by making this look appear natural! I LOVE IT! So if anyone wants to have the "Blonde Tip" look remember we don't want it to look like the "Black roots" look!!!!!!! I think that if you can pull this off and make it look like these two ladies you will have yourself a top notch look... if you error on the side of the Lacey's, Ashley's and Drew's you might have a problem :) Let me know if anyone is adventuresome enough to try it... :) I would love to see some more people go this way. I think it is fresh! xoxo LML


1 comment:

  1. This look IMO looks better on people who just have subtle caramel or dark blonde highlights, and just haven't touched them up in a while :). This look doesn't work as well with dark roots and bleach blonde ends or grown out highlights.

    ReplyDelete